Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-02-18 Origin: Site
We live in a very plastic world. Almost everything we eat, drink or own contains plastic or is contained in plastic. Certain plastics, such as those containing BPA or other harmful chemicals, can negatively affect our bodies or the world we live in.
Polypropylene, a complex plastic, polypropylene sheet is often considered safe for humans. But what do we know about this useful and ubiquitous product?
This passage is going to talk about the followings of polypropylene sheet:
1) Introduction to Polypropylene
2) Is polypropylene safe?
3) Is polypropylene sheet safe?
What is polypropylene and what are its uses? Polypropylene is a plastic. Among the commercial plastics on the market today, polypropylene is considered to be one of the safest plastics.
It is FDA approved for food contact, so you will find polypropylene in food containers such as those that hold yogurt, cream cheese and butter products. Because of its high heat resistance, it is also commonly used in packaging for foods that can be heated in a microwave oven.
Some surgical devices and implants are also made of polypropylene, and polypropylene fibers are often used to weave carpets for indoor and outdoor use.
Product characteristics of polypropylene sheet:
Temperature resistance: Low
Chemical resistance: Excellent
Low dimensional stability: Low
Impact resistant: Good
Abrasion resistance: High
UV resistance: Poor
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) considers polypropylene, which is derived from petroleum, to be a safer choice than some other types of plastics. It does not cause cancer in humans and is not as flammable as wool in fabrics.
However, it is important to note that some newer studies do point to the toxicity of certain polypropylene containers. Researchers studied multiple plastics in multiple products in a 2019 study. They found that the toxicity of the specific plastics in each product varied greatly due to the manufacturing process of each product.
In this study, researchers found that certain polypropylene products affected androgens and caused cytotoxic or stress reactions.
More research is needed, especially since each product may have different effects due to the chemical complexity of the plastic.
This study did not change FDA or EPA recommendations on the use of polypropylene.
Unlike polypropylene used in food utensils, polypropylene sheets are very beneficial and adaptable engineering plastics that are also very safe. Polypropylene sheet has a wide range of uses in many different industries/applications. This polypropylene sheet plastic replaces many other plastics, resulting in lower costs and improved performance for many component manufacturers.
Hollow board is mainly used in electronics, packaging, machinery, light industry, postal service, food, medicine, pesticides, home appliances, advertising, decoration, cultural supplies, optical magnetic technology, biological engineering, medicine and health and other industry fields. It is a new type of environmental protection packaging material.
PP plastic hollow sheet applications.
1. advertising panels.
2. recycling boxes, including reusable recycling boxes, crates, vegetable and fruit packaging boxes, clothing storage boxes, stationery boxes for various industries.
3. industrial boards, including wire and cable outer covering packaging protection, glass, steel plate, various items outer packaging protection, mat board, shelf, partition board, bottom board, partition card, etc.
4. protection board, to cardboard, three plywood to protect the construction of building materials in the era of gone, with the progress of the times and taste, to ensure the integrity of the decorative design before the completion of the opening, should be given appropriate protection to maintain the economy, safety and convenience of the operation, another building elevator, floor before acceptance of the protection.
Copyright © 2020 Jiang Yin Golden Boer Neoplastic Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved